Prinz & Partner mbB is pleased about your visit to our website and your interest in our company. We take the protection of your personal data seriously and wish you to feel secure when visiting our Internet site. Therefore, we kindly ask you to read the following data protection provisions carefully.
In the following we will inform you about which personal data we collect, store or process and how we protect and use your data.
Collection, processing and use of your data
Our newsletter contains current information relating to intellectual property protection and our firm as well as about news in the industry and relevant events.
When you register to receive our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that after you provide your email address, you will receive an acknowledgment sent by email to the address you have given, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not send such confirmation, there will be no registration and no data storage. If you confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter, we will store the data you have entered and the point of time of registration and confirmation until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Unsubscription can always be effected by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the newsletter, via our website or using one of the other communication channels of our firm.
Use of the website
For a purely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register via the website or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect and use those data related to communication and use that are automatically transmitted to us by your browser.
Our website does not employ cookies.
Apart from that, when external contents are used via our website, for example in the case of links, cookies from third-party providers may possibly be used without us being able to point this out to you.
Transfer of personal data to third parties
We transfer the data you make available to us for any of the above-mentioned purposes only to very few service providers well chosen by us, which perform certain tasks for us (more specifically, network maintenance, support relating to software applications, technical services for our website). For performing their tasks, these service providers have partial access to personal data, but must not use them for purposes other than for performing their tasks. Furthermore, they are obligated to treat the information in compliance with the statutory provisions.
The transfer of personal data to government institutions and authorities is effected as provided for by statutory provisions, for example if legal or criminal prosecution is required in the event of attacks on our IT and network infrastructure or on the implemented technical-organizational data security concept.
Links to social networks
Social network buttons are implemented on our website that provide links to the social networks of XING and LinkedIn. By clicking on these buttons, you will first be taken to a login page of the respective social network, unless you are logged in there already. The social network receives, by transmission via the link, the URL of that website which is to be liked or recommended in the social network. You then confirm the “like” or the recommendation of our website in the social network by clicking on the appropriate button.
If you are already logged in to that particular social network, the social network will be given the ability, by your click on the button that links to the network, to collect data about you, and may identify from which website you come. This also is the case even if you do not “like” or confirm our website in the social network. Should you not agree to such data use, you may log out of the social network before you click on the social network buttons.
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
XING AG, Dammtorstr. 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
To ensure the security of your data, we also offer technical measures, in particular encrypted email communication. If you are interested, please contact our data protection officer or your usual contact person in our firm.
In all other cases of data use not mentioned above, following appropriate notices we will ask for your consent in case your personal data should be collected or used.
Furthermore, we draw your attention to your following statutory rights for the protection of your personal data:
You have the right to
(1) obtain from the controller a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are processed and, where that is the case, you have a right to information about these personal data and to the information mentioned in Art. 15 GDPR;
(2) obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed where required (Art. 16 GDPR);
(3) obtain from the controller the erasure, without undue delay, of personal data concerning you if the data are no longer needed for the purposes pursued or other grounds apply under Art. 17 GDPR (right to erasure);
(4) obtain from the controller a restriction of processing where one of the preconditions mentioned in Art. 18 GDPR is given;
(5) object, at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data. The controller shall then no longer process the personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (Art. 21 GDPR);
(6) without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR). You may lodge the complaint with a supervisory authority in the Member State of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. In Bavaria, the competent supervisory authority is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA)
(Data Protection Authority of Bavaria for the Private Sector)
91522 Ansbach, Germany
If you wish to assert one of your aforementioned rights or wish to receive information about your personal data or their correction or deletion, or if you have any further questions regarding the use of your personal data provided to us, please contact us by e-mail to email@example.com or via the contact options given in our Imprint.
If our website contains links to websites of third parties or incorporates contents of other websites, we have no influence on this and are not in a position to control that other providers observe the applicable legal provisions regarding data protection and data security.
Our data protection officer responsible for the protection of your data is:
Prinz & Partner mbB
Patent- und Rechtsanwälte
Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 59 98 87-0
Fax: +49 (0) 89 / 59 98 87-211
The service provider for the purposes of the TMG (German Telemedia Act) and the controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is Prinz & Partner mbB, Rundfunkplatz 2, D-80335 München, Germany.